For the 2012 Season
The Utah Shakespeare Festival is looking for child actors to fill several roles this season. These roles include Young Cosette and Gavroche in Les Misérables and Jem, Scout, and Dill in To Kill a Mockingbird, as well as some non-speaking roles.
Actors interested in auditioning should come to the audition with a headshot, résumé, and Festival Actor Application. They should also be prepared to perform as outlined below:
- The character is a young, frail little waif, about seven- to nine-years-old. She has a vocal range of A (below middle C) to C.
- Be prepared to sing this selection from “Castle on a Cloud.” A piano accompanist will be provided.
- He is a kid of the streets, outgoing, brave, tough, witty, about nine- to twelve-years-old. He has a vocal range of B (below middle C) to D; his voice has not yet changed.
- Be prepared to sing this selection from “Little People.” A piano accompanist will be provided.
- He is a boy about twelve-years-old, could be played by a thirteen- or fourteen-year-old who looks younger.
- The character is just cresting into puberty, but is still a boy, beginning to experiment with being a man.
- Come prepared to read these two selections: Jem and Scout and Jem.
- She is nine-years-old, but could be played by someone ten- to twelve-years-old.
- The character is precocious and has a strong sense of self. She has the ability to listen, is likeable, and a bit of a tomboy.
- Come prepared to read these two selections from the script: Scout and Scout and Jem.
- He is somewhere between a mature nine-year-old and a young twelve-year-old.
- The character is quirky, funny, off-beat; he is also small, “sort of puny.”
- Come prepared to read these two selections from the script: Dill One and Dill Two.
Date and Time
Auditions will be January 21 in the Auditorium Theatre on the campus of Southern Utah University.
- Auditions for Jem, Scout, and Dill will be from 9 a.m. to 12 noon (all actors must check-in at 9 a.m.)
- Auditions for Young Cosette and Gavroche will be from 2 to 5 p.m. (all actors must check-in at 2 p.m.)
Materials to Download
For information, e-mail Lise Mills or call her at 435-865-8231.