"You cannot better be employ'd."
—The Merchant of Venice
The Executive Producer is the singular leader of USF reporting to the University’s President. S/he will work in a collaborative relationship with co-artistic directors and senior staff. While the individual in this post will be heavily engaged in artistic matters, as USF’s leader, s/he will be guiding overall organizational strategies through effective leadership, delegation and administration. The Executive Producer will serve as the “face” of USF in the community for purposes of fund-raising, publicity and collaboration with the University’s leadership.
*Update March 1, 2017: Zachary Murray, the Festival's general manager since 2014, is serving as interim executive director until the position is filled.
The Festival is currently seeking a full-time, year-round scenery director. The scenery director oversees all activities of the Scenery and Paint Departments and is responsible for the planning, execution, and completion of all scenic elements in all three theatrical venues at the Festival. The scenery director recruits and hires all scenery and paint staff, manages budgets, and coordinates schedules within the department. The scenery director oversees and participates in the drafting and construction of all scenery for Festival productions.
Now Accepting Resumés and Headshots for 2017 Season
PROPOSED AUDITION DATES AND LOCATIONS
October 3–4, 2016: Chicago, Illinois — Submission deadline September 12, 2016
October 12–13, 2016: Cedar City, Utah — Submission deadline September 12, 2016
October 17–18, 2016: New York City, New York — Submission deadline September 12, 2016
November 7–10, 2016: Los Angeles, California — Submission deadline October 11, 2016
APPLICATION SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
If you would like to be considered for an audition, please follow the guidelines below. NOTE: The Festival does not accept submissions via standard mail. All submissions must be electronic.
1. To begin the process, fill out the online application. Click here.
2. Once you have completed the application, please email your resumé and headshot to email@example.com.
• Resumés must be sent as PDF files, and headshots must be sent as JPEG files. The titles of the files should be as follows (no commas or spaces):
• Indicate your name in the Subject Line, followed by your desired audition city: Chicago, Cedar City, New York, or Los Angeles.
• Ensure that your union or non-union status is clearly designated within the content of your resumé.
• Do not send a cover letter or any supplemental materials (videos, additional photos, etc.).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
3. You will receive a confirmation response when your submission has been successfully received.
4. If you are selected for consideration, we will contact you to set up an audition appointment. Please, no phone calls or follow-up emails.
Thank you for your interest in the Utah Shakespeare Festival.
STAGE MANAGEMENT, including stage managers (AEA), assistant stage managers (non-AEA), The Greenshow stage manager (non-AEA), stage management administrative assistants (non-AEA), production assistants: Click for details and to apply.
COSTUMES, including costume design supervisor, drapers, first hands, technicians, wardrobe, costume crafts supervisor, assistant costume crafts supervisor, painter/dyers, senior crafts technicians, craft technicians: Click for details and to apply.
STAGE CREW, including stage crew supervisors, deck carpenter, stage crew: Click for details and to apply.
SCENERY/PAINT, including early-start scenic carpenters, technical directors, assistant technical directors, scenery materials coordinator, scenic carpenters, charge scenic artists, scenic artists: Click for details and to apply.
LIGHTING/AUDIO, including master electricians, assistant master electricians, lighting technicians, follow spot operators, audio supervisors, lead audio technicians, FOH audio technicians, audio technicians, wireless mic technicians: Click for details and to apply.
PROPERTIES, including properties artisans, junior properties artisans/stage crew. Click for details and to apply.
HAIR AND MAKEUP, including wigmasters, assistant wigmasters, hair and makeup artists, cosmetologists. Click for details and to apply.
Call us at 435-586-7880 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Due the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to respond personally to each applicant.
The Utah Shakespeare Festival is committed to excellence through diversity.